Drop the 'The' Just 'Film Geeks' It's cleaner.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Rach's Box Set of the Week

Got some time this weekend? Looking for a nice TV show to get into? Well you have come to the right place; I’m here to give you my box set recommendations!!

Brothers & Sisters
This week I would have to go for Brothers & Sisters! I personally love this show!! If you’re like me, and you think there is nothing better than chilling out and getting into a bit of US drama, then this is the show for you. Brothers & Sisters, in my opinion is the perfect blend of serious drama and humour!
This superb show lets into you into the wonderful world of the walkers!  The walkers may not always get along, but they are a family that loves each other dearly, this is a family that is a joy to watch.
Brothers is sisters came to our screens in 2006, I personally think the first season of the show is fantastic; the show addresses some very delicate political issues beautifully – such as 9/11 and the War. We’re introduced to this amazingly dysfunctional family and you are automatically hooked. This splendid drama is set in state of California, and features five adult siblings and their family. The relationship between these family members is fantastic, heart warming and brilliantly entertaining.
The cast is excellent we have the amazing Emmy award winning Sally field playing Norah Walker – Norah walker is the mother and I would say leader of the walker Clan, she may frustrate you at times, but she has the kindest heart! Norah walker will doubtlessly remind of your own mother!! The other main roles are taken on my actors such as Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin, Bathazar Getty, Matt Rhys and Patricia Wettig. Later on the series we even get to some the wonderful Rob Lowe.
I do really have to give extra praise the wonderful actor Dave Annabel, who plays the character of Justin. Justin is the youngest of the siblings – I feel that this character is the key to the show’s success.
I am not going to ignore the fact that some of the reviews have not been great for this series recently, but I have to disagree – I urge you to try this show out for yourself. Especially the first few seasons, it has been said to go slightly ‘down hill’ in the more recent episodes of the show, but I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t enjoy the fantastic series when it was at its best. 
This brilliantly sophisticated drama is perfect if you want a bit of me time on Sunday afternoon. I believe that this show, at its heart is about family – you will find yourself completely empathising with this amazing family as they experience a range of twists and turns – this may not always be going right – but they always have each other. The relationship between these adult siblings is amazing to watch, you will find yourself laughing and crying with the walkers as your go with them on their journey. You will see the walkers at their best and worst, and I think you would be Crazy to not fall in love with the walkers. 

Reviewer: Rachel Spence.
Star Rating: Four and a half to five, when at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment